Tuesday, May 31, 2005

I Learned Nothing, Absolutely Nothing from Cali Schools

I have forever been a "low scorer" in math. I blame this on the Los Angles Unified Babysitting, er School District. After my move to the East Coast, suddenly I spent the next 5 years playing various forms of catch-up. In an article from Captains Quarters, I see the fun people from California have learned absolutely nothing from their crappy school systems.

Lawmakers voted Thursday to ban school districts from purchasing textbooks longer than 200 pages.

The bill, believed to be the first of its kind nationwide, was hailed by supporters as a way to revolutionize education.

Critics lambasted Assembly Bill 756 as silly.

"This bill is really the epitome of micromanagement," said Assemblyman Keith Richman, R-Northridge. "(It's) absolutely ridiculous." ...

But Assemblywoman Jackie Goldberg, a Los Angeles Democrat who chairs the Assembly Education Committee, said critics are thinking too narrowly.


Wow, what can anyone say. Thinking "too narrowly?" I wonder what my wife will say to this (she's an education major)...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home