Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Oh, How I Hate Humidity

So I went out for my run today...and nearly died. Well, maybe that's an exaggeration. I thought I was going to die. Although the temp was just above 80...the humidity was obviously in the 140% range. I might as well have been trying to breathe water. Mix that with continuing to push myself physically, and you get the idea.

Anyway, since I'm on the subject of my workout, I suppose I'll show it off.

Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 30 min aerobic workout/ 30 min run
Tuesday, Thursday: 60 min aerobic workout

As for that 30 min run, I'm on week 9 of a 10 week program to run 3.5 miles in half and hour. The program looks like this:

Week 1: (run 2 min, walk 4 min) x 5
Week 2: (run 3 min, walk 3 min) x 5
Week 3: (run 5 min, walk 2.5 min) x 4
Week 4: (run 7 min, walk 3 min) x 3
Week 5: (run 8 min, walk 2 min) x 3
Week 6: (run 9 min, walk 2 min) x 2 + run 8 min
Week 7: (run 9 min, walk 1 min) x 3
Week 8: (run 13 min, walk 2 min) x 2
Week 9: (run 14 min, walk 1 min) x 2
Week 10: (run 30 min)

After the progress I've made, I'm amazed. When I first started, I could barely run the alotted 2 min. Now, I'm running nonstop for 14 min.

My plan is to begin to work up some speed once I get to the 30 min run. After a bit of that, start adding some weight. I'll keep posting every so often.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glutton for punishment, eh? I'll just have a banana split and suffer that way. Meemai

12 May, 2005 01:20  

Post a Comment

<< Home