Monday, July 18, 2005

My Running Improves

Recently, I got my hands on the physical qualifications for the Marines. That in hand, I now have more fitness goals for myself. Previously, I would just run for 30 min...no particular distance...just 30 min of constant running. With the help of my wife, we've now set some goals; the first of which I met today. I finally found my current 3-mile time at 27-minutes last friday which gives me 46 points (more on what this means in a moment). Today, I made it to 26:40...which bumps me up two more points. To say the least, I'm very pleased.

I'm now adding to my workout some pull-ups. I currently estimate 9 (3 sets of 3). I'm hoping to increase this to 12 in short order and continue increasing with an eventual goal of 20. Add to this my 70 crunches and you now have my new concentration fitness-wise.

My goal is to break into 2nd class PFT, which requires 175 points. With my current abilities, I'm at 163. A breakdown of the points system is available here.

All-in-all, I'm pleased. At 180, I'm below maximum weight (barely). With a body-fat percentage of 16.1% I am also below the maximum BF of 18%. I hope to continue to drop my 3-mile times and increase my other excercises. We'll see what comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home