Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Book Review: One Bullet Away



One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer is by Nathaniel Fick, a former Marine Captain. Fick provides excellent commentary of the training and experiances he had in the Marine Corps. He explains his way through Officer Canidate School and The Basic School before he made his way into the infantry...and on to combat. He keeps the reader's attention and explains things well.

Oddly enough, this book has done some to comfort my mother's initial misgivings about me joining the Marines (between my wife and my mom, I think they'd both outshine me in terms of raw pride upon graduation).

I highly recommend this book, especially for those interested in a career in the Marines. I would also suggest Evan Wright's Generation Kill to give additional insight, as Wright was embedded with then Lt. Fick's platoon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home