Friday, May 26, 2006

It's kinda warm out here...

...in overly sunny 29 Palms. I've arrived at my next step in training...my MOS school. Right now, we're having liberty over the Memorial Day weekend (what a better place to celebrate it, than a military base), so I'm not doing much. Next week, I apparently will be picking up with my class for my MOS. In the meantime, I'll be on working parties (which normally means doing odd jobs for various places...which, at it's worst is raking sand). I'm enjoying myself, as it's very college-like...except you don't see M1A1 Abrams tanks parked around on most colleges. I'm really looking forward to getting my training going. My record estimates my training completion to be on July 14, so we'll see what happens. For the time being, I'm going to enjoy myself this weekend...and call my wife lots.

Speaking of my wife, I'd have to say she'd love it out here. It's already hitting the 90's...and it's not even to the hot part of the summer. I bought myself a Camelpak today, as keeping hydrated out here is kinda tough. I've been doing pretty well, but carrying a bottle of water around is annoying. The Camelpak solves that. I'll have to post a review later after I've used it some.

I'm hoping to get internet in my room shortly...I'm waiting until I pick up with my class, so I won't be moving around (you're put in your final room upon the start of your class). Until then, my posting will probably still be spotty. At any rate, it's good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home