Saturday, September 27, 2008

Slightly Frightening

I've been living in extremely conservative areas for most of my adult life. Northern Virginia was about as liberal as it got, but I was so close to military bases, that I wasn't exposed to it (the military is overwhelmingly conservative).

With our resent move closer to St. Louis has the by-product of living in much more "blue" areas. The difference is pronounced...and it became especially obvious with this:

Missouri Sheriffs & Top Prosecutors Form Obama "Truth Squads" & Threaten Libel Charges Against Obama Critics

The good news is that the Governor took notice:

Gov. Blunt Statement on Obama Campaign’s Abusive Use of Missouri Law Enforcement

I don't care which side you take, the suppression of free speech is rather frightening. I may think Code Pink is fully of morons, but I fully recognize thier right to go around saying ridiculous things about my fellow Marines. It's free speech.

I'm curious what else will happen in this area. It's been eye-opening thus far. We'll see what else comes this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home