Monday, October 06, 2008

Much ado about

I got my free USA Today at my hotel room, and the front page article was on the "younger voter." Specifically, the article mentions under 30 voters. Based on what I've seen, they'll matter just as much as they do every election...not a whole lot. The 12-year chunk is divided between the Gen-Y and the Gen-I(or Millennial) kids. When I was in college, there was a huge gap between one year of students. The difference was palpable. In mixed classes, the two groups separated, like oil and water. I suspect the difference was cultural. At any rate, many of them didn't really care about elections. The Gen-Yers were much more political, and I think have become more so. I suspect the younger-than 25 vote will again be underwhelming. But maybe that's just me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home