Thursday, September 15, 2005

My first PFT

Well, I didn't do as well as I hoped. I only had 5 pull-ups and my 3-mile run was 24:08. However, I busted out 95 crunches...which puts me in easy striking distance of the perfect 100. Admittedly, my 3-mile time was added to when I lost my way a couple times (30 seconds lost would be fair). I suspect that I could bring that down to my standard of about 23:20 without much trouble.

The interesting part is that the Officer Selection Assistant encouraged me a whole lot, saying that if I could bust out a 250 PFT score in 5 weeks, I'd have an excellent chance of getting into OCS 191 (January 15). The place I feel I need the most improvement by far is the pull-ups. If I can bust out 16 pull-ups and get into the 22s on my runs, I'll be golden. The tough part is those pull-ups...but I have a plan. More later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home