Friday, December 09, 2005

They make me laugh

The anti-war group Code Pink has a program to "Say No to War Toys." I find a couple of parts amusing...particularly this:

Ask your child’s teachers to talk about the negative impact of war toys and start a campaign to ban war toys on the school playground. Suggest a toy exchange for the school, where children turn in their war toys and get some cool, peaceful toy like a hot pink Frisbee. Make it a class project and involve the children in setting it up.

Hey, I know well how violent a game of frisbee can be. Usually, it involved heavy bruising on my forehead.

I found this funny, too:

Talk to your child about violent toys and why they are harmful; then ask them to help you select a gift that promotes peaceful play to donate a gift to a program that provides holiday presents for children from families with limited resources.


You mean like the Toys for Tots program from the United States Marine Corps? I wonder what the Code Pink people would think as they watched GSgt. E. Lee Ermey handing out toys to kids?

I think their heads would explode...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home