Friday, March 07, 2008

FEX III

After a rather dramatic begining, FEX 3 has ended. Marking a fairly major milestone in the TBS curriculum, I'm quite happy it's over with. Despite the good training, the weather always makes field exercises interesting. For my wife, the freezing cold and snow was the problem. For us, it was the "monsoon" caused by a cold front. The end result of that night was a lot of us getting flooded out of our fighting holes and freezing ourselves to death. Anyway, it was good stuff. Here I am with my trusty e-tool and radio that follows me everywhere.

2 Comments:

Blogger sejgirl said...

I looked up the temp and it was 59 degrees the night of your monsoon. I'll let you wallow a bit since "technically" one can get hypothermia in 60 degree water, but I was definitely more miserable during my FEX III. Boowahaha!

10 March, 2008 11:57  
Blogger FlaK said...

I still think something's wrong with their numbers that day. I could believe it was more like 38-45...no way was it 59. Still, your frostbite says "you win."

15 March, 2008 18:29  

Post a Comment

<< Home