Monday, June 06, 2005

Atlas Speaks

As you may have noted, I have been reading Atlas Shrugged. I am now approx. half way through the book and just thought I might make some observations. The first is that I have been amazed by the time factor of this book. It was written over 50 years ago, and yet the same thoughts run today...particularly in the relm of politics. One needs only to look at the headlines to see examples of sucessful companies being targeted because they are good at making a profit. WalMart and Microsoft have frequently been found guilty at nothing more than being profitable.

I also found it very interesting that the left has not changed it's arguements in 50 years...seeking to heavily regulate the business world in the name of "equal opportunity," decrying the wealthy as greedy and selfish, and basing arguements on "feeling."

To demonstrate the contemporary nature of this, I will (as I find them) take situations from real life and put them with a quote from Atlas Shrugged. I think it will be interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home