Sunday, June 08, 2008

Realism can be found in the oddest places.

I was playing a game last night and was up a little later than normal (2300-ish). I will frequently have the TV on in the background (it's awefully quiet when I'm alone here). This time, I had SciFi on and a movie called Dog Soldiers came on. Not normally a horror movie fan, I wasn't paying real close attention, but some things caught my eye. In particular, the actions of the British Army actors weren't terribly far off from real-life. They were performing "cover and movement" fairly accurately. I stopped watching around midnight to go to bed, so I didn't finish the thing. I just find it amusing that a horror movie would actually have better accuracy than, say the final portions of Tears of the Sun...though, that movie has an excellent helio extract scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home