Sunday, August 10, 2008

Review: Star Wars: Clone Wars

Today, Sarah and I went to the base theater for a early screening of the new Star Wars movie. After mulling it over, I have come to my conclusion: meh, it's okay.

The first thing that caught me was the sudden pace that starts the movie. You almost feel thrown into the middle of a movie that had already started. The plot moves along quickly, but younger viewers may find it slow after the initial start. As with most computer animated movies, the movie is visually spectacular with lots of eye candy. The charaters all have a highly stylized look. Together, it seemed to make a movie that had the feel of one of the many Star Wars games released. Somewhere between Jedi Knight 2 and Republic Commando, perhaps.

Anyway, it was okay. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't outstanding, either. I'm sure Star Wars fans are going to go regardless, but I'd say it's a rental.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

so Lucas finally got to make (or a least approve of) a whole Star Wars movie after his love for CGI... looks fun though

12 August, 2008 17:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home