Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dan, Dan, Dan...

Dan Rather was awarded the Peabody Award. Why, I have yet to figure out. However, this quote for Mr. Rather was...well, rather interesting (I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself):

Rather received extended applause after telling the crowd, "Never give up, never back up, never give in while pursuing the dream of integrity filled journalism that matters."


Yup, yup. Integrity. The words of the man who said," … I think you can be an honest person and lie about any number of things.” Yup, Dan...that's integrity alright.

But then there's something else that bugs me. The whole reason this award was given was for the Abu Ghraib scandle...which doesn't make any sense. They didn't "break" the story. The military did. So...why are they getting an award for something they only sorta did?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home