Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Blood Pressure, Blood Smesher

Part of the process I've been waiting on deals with a "BUMED." This is basically a medical waiver that says I'll last 20 years...medically. Unfortunately, I've apparently got a little blood pressure problem. For someone who has been running about 9 miles a week in addition to various forms of weightlifting...and who has been watching what he ate, this bugs the crap out of me. Apparently, my stupid genes had to pick up this little hypertension issue. Oh, well. I'm told that the military has waivers for everything, so I'm hoping I can still get in.

In other fitness stuff, my wife wants to do a 5K run (3.1 miles). I actually think it might be kinda fun...and interesting. Based on last year's results, we aren't doing half bad. Like, I'd be around 60th of 290. Anyway, I'll post up whenever I find out more. For the time being, I'm still waiting to hear back from my BUMED...and working out like crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home