Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Guns, Women, and Self-Defense

...also titled "Hotness" because she was doing pullups in my flak...

Awhile ago, a former roomate and I had a discussion on weapons and self-defence. He and I pretty much agreed to disagree on some definitions and such. This post from Michelle Malkin's website (posted by Mary Katherine Ham) discusses some of the arguements I still stand by...and provides lots of anecdotal evidence of the place of self-defence weapons. The meaty ones can be found here and here.

Ever since the disturbing story of the family stabbed to death by someone while the hustband/father was deployed has echoed fears in the back of my mind, I've been proactive in teaching my wife how to use weapons. Sarah has been a willing student shooting several weapons...and displaying quite a bit of proficency in basic handgun marksmenship (albiet with a Browning .22).

In terms of defending herself, I know she'd put up quite a fight. An intruder would find themselves peppered with either 7.62 mm or .40 holes. She's good enough with both:

Then again, these are simply tools. Contrary to what some lawmakers believe, anything can be a weapon. A woman my mother knew killed an intruder...with a 14" iron skillet.

3 Comments:

Blogger sejgirl said...

That is a HORRIBLE picture of me!

17 January, 2007 08:48  
Blogger alphabek said...

Oh My,
I blame the outcome of the photo on the photographer not the subject.

17 January, 2007 16:17  
Blogger FlaK said...

Pfffftttt...it was all the lighting!

18 February, 2007 11:30  

Post a Comment

<< Home